As it turns out, the first couple of weeks of this month are rather auspicious in music history:
- John Paul Jones’ birthday was on the third,
- Michael Stipe‘s birthday was on the fourth
- David Bowie‘s and Elvis were born on the eighth
- Jimmy Page‘s and Robby Krieger‘s birthdays were on the ninth
- Donald Fagan’s birthday was on the tenth
de la Rocha is an under-appreciated frontman and emcee in my book. (By the way, some of us are still waiting for that solo album, Zack. What’s up with that?)
But more important: Happy birthday, Zack! May there be many more!